The Crazy World with The Little Monster

The monster eats, rants, travels, shops, cooks and all!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Yesterday when I woke up at 12 (I know it's late....), I was hungry.
I was thinking of what to eat!
At first I was thinking to have Ampang Yong Tao Foo...
But MRR 2 is closed so I better not to go to Ampang...

Suddenly I have the urge of eating Bak Kut Teh...
Not the BKT near my house...
But the Klang Bak Kut Teh.

He was saying.. it's a bit too far.
So I volunteer myself to drive there.
And we didn't know if there is any shop still serving BKT in the afternoon.
So he called his friend to enquire.
His friend said that nowadays people want to earn more money so shops at a place called Bandar Bukit Tinggi are still open in the afternoon.
Bandar Bukit Tinggi, here we come.

From my house, I took Jln Subang-Sg Buloh then Jalan Batu Tiga then Federal Highway and pay a toll then I reached Klang, Bandar DiRaja!.
Klang is about 30km away from my house which I still consider near.
Hahahah!


RM 1 for the toll..


Hotel-in-progress or abandoned project

After that, I drove straight to Bandar Bkt Tinggi...
It's about 6km more from Bkt Raja.
After searching for 10 mins.. We found that there are only 3 shops still serving BKT.
So we just went in to the one that we saw there were 2 tables of customers.


We tried this one...
Restoran Bak Kut Teh Da Zhong
There is another one nearby - Bdr Bkt Tinggi Bak Kut Teh.

We order 1 pot of Dry Bak Kut Teh and 1 pot of Claypot Bak Kut Teh(Soup).
Look at the pictures of the BKT...
I'm sure you want to try it!


Claypot BKT.
They placed 2 big piece of veggie on top of it.


When I removed the veggie..
This is how it looks like..
Looks good, isn't it??


Dry-Bak-Kut-Teh
With dried-chillies, okra and onion leaves.


The meat is so soft and tender.


The soup is darker than those I had in Sg Buloh.


Compare and Contrast the pig intestine.


Empty pots I left with....

The bill came to RM 17.20.
Bak Kut Teh is served at Rm 7.60 per pax...
What a funny price!
Here, at Sg Buloh, they are charging RM 6.50- 7.00 per pax.

The BKT served was tasty for me... I'm not sure about you.
The BKT made the travelling worth while...
The after-taste of the BKT was good!

I will definitely go to Klang for BKT again... but I'll try another shop!!
And I want to have seafood when exam is over...
I found the restaurant that I went in Padamaran.

Rumour has it that the proprietors of BKT shops used Panadol (yes, that paracetamol!!) to make their meat soft and tender. They just chucked one row of Panadol while they are cooking the dish. Well, I don't know whether this is true, it could be those urban legends we hear about every now and then.
Then again, it may not be a bad thing after all.
When you have fever, think BKT
When you have a headache, just get some BKT...hahahah

1 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 04:02:00 PM, Blogger katabana said...

at least it's better than that other urban legend, which they put used whisper into the satay sos... =.='''

at least panadol is eatable..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home