The Crazy World with The Little Monster

The monster eats, rants, travels, shops, cooks and all!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Dana @ BUBS

Yesterday, I went to BUBS for Dana.
It was the first Dana I ever attended.
And I went alone yesterday because he was not around.
At first, I was afraid because I am new there and I don't really know the rest of the Tai-tai/Si-Lai/Uncles & Aunties!
But since I've committed and I have nothing better to do...
I must go no matter what.

There was a talk at 9am but I can't wake up so early so... I did not attend for the Dhamma Talk by Ven. Dr. K. Sri Dhammananda.
There was a Dana session at 11am.
I brought watermelon because that is just what I am able to prepare for the "safety" of everybody there.

Look...These are the food brought by the members of BUBS.


6 tables of food
Fried Mee-hoon, fried rice, different types of curry chicken, fried loh shi fun, veggie, fried chicken, roast duck, kuih, fruits etc...
I tell you .. If the word “dana” was not mentioned, one would have thought that this is a house-warming party.
Or this is even grander and merrier than a house warming buffet.
Everybody brings something, and everybody gets to eat.
Not bad... All home-cooked food!



Oyster Mee Sua
This is damn good..
As good as the Shih-Lin in One Utama...
This even comes with shark fins..
Done by Sister Sau Ling (I think that's her name)



The devotees serving Chief Reverand


Dining Time


Chief Sangha Nayaka of Malaysia and Singapore: Ven. Dr. K. Sri Dhammananda

This Wesak Day eve, I'll be helping out in the preparation of oil lamps though I'm so busy with my exams preparation.
On Wesak Day itself, I'll be in charge of cleaning up the oil lamps.
I'm just lending my hands for those who need help.

I'm beginning to learn about Buddhism.
Thus I should spend more time understanding and knowing what a real Buddhist is supposed to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home